Grilled Striped Bass With Grits and Pecan Brown Butter
By Linton Hopkins
* 5 cups chicken stock
* 1 cup coarse stone ground grits
* 7 Tablespoons butter
* Salt and fresh ground pepper
* 6 6-ounce wild striped bass fillets
* 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
* 2 Tablespoons chopped and toasted pecans
* Juice of ½ lemon
* 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
Preheat grill or broiler. In a large sauce pot, heat the stock. Gradually whisk in the grits. Cook, stirring frequently for 30 minutes. Add 3 Tablespoons butter, and season with salt and pepper.
Season the fish with salt and pepper, and rub with oil. Grill, skin side down, until opaque.
Melt the remaining 4 Tablespoons butter in a skillet over high heat until golden brown. Add the pecans, lemon juice, and parsley. Serve over the fish with the grits.
Adapted by StarChefs.com
Yield: 6 Servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Round Out the Meal:
With a radish and fennel salad.
This is kid friendly!